Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:52:26 -0500
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Suggestions for porting software and other items

How difficult would it be for me to port JAVA to FreeBSD on the
Power(PC) platform?
I don't know code but I can use another port as a a template. I've
just joined the IBM POWER community and have access to the Linux
version of JAVA.

Second. I recently met a gentleman from NASA; I'll get back to this in
a minute. Anyway ...., NASA's programs are open sourced now.  One
program/suite that would probably work better on either the Power(PC)
or SPARC architecture is S4P.

After talking with the person in question, I learned about NASA's
internship program.
I'm just curious as to whether or not there is a need/want/desire for
having FreeBSD systems in such an area.

Way of topic: Does anyone think that combining the SPARC and POWER
architectures into a single cpu would be beneficial?