Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 12:02:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      aLpHa <wildcard@belen.k12.nm.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NATD and how to make it work

Hello,

I am in a real fix, I need NAT and I needed it yesterday.
My clients have requested to use an internal network but want to maintain
the functionality of their internet connection.

I have aquired natd-1.10 and installed it.
The machine that I am working on has 2 ethernet cards ( fxp0 and ep0 )
fxp0 is the exteral connection
ep0 the internal.
I have configured rc.firewall to realize this, I have selected the option
simple in the rc.conf file for the type of firewall.

The connections are also in working order.
I can ping the internal and outside the network here is where the problem
occurs:
I put natd in verbose mode and it give me readouts on all the traffic
trying to leave the internal for the outside.  It should read something
like this:

		192.168.1.20 --> 206.206.121.10 aliased to
		206.206.121.42 -->206.206.121.10
but it doesn't read like this it reads like:

		192.168.1.20 --> 206.206.121.10 aliased to
		192.168.1.20 --> 206.206.121.10

well anyway to make a long post shorter...I looked at every conf file that
exists and nothing seems to be out of order.
I need HELP and I need it fast.

I am willing to call anyone who is running natd to talk to them and
explain more fully

my phone number is (505) 861-4981
my pager is (505) 875-8866

thanks