Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:52:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE Questions

Hi,

Trying to install 2.2-<Mumble August Snap from CD?> on a 486 with two IDE
HD's.  wd0 is a 540 MB drive running Win95.  wd1 is a 2.4GB drive, with
the following partitions:

	1.0GB:  Win95
	1.4GB:  FreeBSD

I was able to install FreeBSD onto the second partition.  I installed
Booteasy on both drives, thinking I could use this to get to FreeBSD.  I
can't.

Questions:

 (1)  Can I have my bootable FreeBSD partition on the second drive?

 (2)  Can I have a 1GB Win95 partition ahead in front of it?

 (3)  Another problem.  When I boot from the floppy, it probes the drives
      and finds them...sorta fine, but on wd1 I get something like:

	wd1:  [bleah, XX b/s, etc...]
	wd1 not found at 0x340h  (paraphrased, I don't remember the addr)

I'm sorry about the gross lack of detail, I did this at a friend's house,
wrote down the messages and then left the piece of paper there.  I'm
hoping something here will tell somebody enough to get me past this, I
presume either #1 or #2 is a showstopper.

Any hints, or do I need more detail?

Thanks,

Brian
handy@sag.space.lockheed.com