Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:57:37 +0100
From:      _ <pancakeking79@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   NetGear WG511T and WPA support on FreeBSD 8.2

Hi,

By its description, this mailing list seems to be rather technical in
nature and my question is - depending
on how one sees it - quasi technical or at least too specific as I think
for the standard user mailing list, so
I'm just giving it a try here...

Since I've run into problems getting an ndisgen generated driver for my
Realtek RTL8185 54M to work on
my FreeBSD 8.2 (i386) system - kldload on the driver generates a permanent
kernel crash-, I am currently
thinking about buying the NetGear WG511T PCMCIA bus driven card.

I would like to ask if there are any users on this list that make use of
this card and that can confirm whether
or not this cards works fine alongside with WPA on 8.2 or 9.0 if I decide
to upgrade?

I am aware of the supported hardware list. The card in discussion is not
listed as supported.
However, this could still be the case, since I read in an older 7.0 related
thread
http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=1424 that it did work, at
least at one point in time.

Thanks