Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:28:17 -0500
From:      Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ports FreeBSD <ports@FreeBSD.org>, lioux@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/31473: New port: Courier-MTA SMTP IMAP POP3 HTTP mail server suite

--On Monday, January 14, 2002 22:19:29 -0800 "dwhite@FreeBSD.org"
<dwhite@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Synopsis: New port: Courier-MTA SMTP IMAP POP3 HTTP mail server suite
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
> State-Changed-By: dwhite
> State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 14 22:19:14 PST 2002
> State-Changed-Why:
> Committed. Thanks very much for your submission!
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=31473

Doug,

Now that this has been committed, Section 15.15 of the FreeBSD Porter's
Handbook needs to be updated.  I chose to add user 'courier' and group
'courier' as UID and GID 62.  There's a problem with that section of the
Handbook.  Since the qmail users are not sorted by UID 'msql' and 'qmails'
ended up with the same UID which is probaly a security hole for either one
or both of those ports.  I've never submitted a PR for something other than
ports so I'm not sure where to find the source to the Porter's Handbook.
I'd be happy to roll and submit the patch myself.  In any case courier does
require a hardcoded UID/GID.  Doesn't have to be 62, but that one's as good
as any.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/x1974.html

--
Yarema