Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2012 12:50:11 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMALL FreeBSD capable board

On Aug 5, 2012, at 8:36 AM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> i am looking for SMALL and specifically low power board that can run =
from battery, can run FreeBSD and have at least one ethernet and one USB =
port, and reasonable amount of memory (32MB at least).
> WiFi not needed. some more than few MB flash is, as well as about 10 =
GPIO ports or useful SPI port.
>=20
> I already see a lot of useful supported ones in source tree, with ARM =
and MIPS.
>=20
> I want to make portable router PLUS my own add own hardware, and have =
full control over software running on it.
>=20
> Any recommendation.
>=20
> Ethernut 5 seems great
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut5/index.html
>=20
> but no info about price and availability in Poland

You're looking at about $250 or EU 200 for that.

I'd recommend something like:

http://www.glomationinc.com/product_9G20u.html

which is US$55 + shipping.  A friend got one too and will be building an =
alarm clock out of it (complicated one).

http://www.mini-box.com/pico-SAM9G45-X

which is US$69, but has a 4 week lead time.  I have both of these on =
order.

NAND isn't yet supported, but is high on my Atmel hit list.

Warner