Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2015 08:35:03 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Raspberry Pi Videocore interfaces question - Raspberry Camera

Hi,

I am currently doing a r276295 -> r278801 update on my Pi, I noticed
there is now VCHIQ interface in sources. Do we have any example how
this interface could be used?

I would like to be able to use my raspberry camera under FreeBSD, but I
did not find anything done, however. I am able to rebuild raspistill et
al. from sources available at https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland
under raspbian linux, and would like to be able to do something similar
for FreeBSD.

Also, there is python interface for this device available at
http://www.raspberrypi.org/picamera-pure-python-interface-for-camera-module/
and I am able to build this one on my favorite OS, but this is not yet
a complete solution - both 'userland' C sources and picamera python
scripts uses mmal interface, which seems like not being available yet
for FreeBSD.

My understanding is out VCHIQ interface was somehow ported from
'userland' git repository, so it should be doable to port mmal
interface similarly, but as I have no idea how VCHIQ was done, I have
no idea how mmal interface could be ported. Is here anyone who could
help me with this task? Any pointers for more info about this?

Regards,
Milan