Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:57:55 +0900
From:      Tatsuhiko Terai <genuine@ma4.justnet.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        genuine@ma4.justnet.ne.jp
Subject:   estimation of RTT,RTO from tcpcb parameter

(This mail is the multi-post to freebsd-net-jp.
 I'm sorry for the person who receives the duplicate mail.)

I have a question about the estimation RTT, RTO using
the information in tcpcb (t_srtt, t_rttvar).
I'm trying to estimate network status at the kernel level
using tcpcb information, obtain the estimation of RTT, RTO.

I know that UNIX is not allowed floating point calculation
in the kernel, so RTT estimator is implemented as using int.
However, I don't know the method of calculation of the now RTT, RTO
using t_srtt, t_rttvar in kernel tcpcb and so on.

I hope that it is useful that I obtain the [ms]-order RTT,RTO
>from that parameter.

If there is an information about this, or
anyone know the way of calculation,
please teach me.

Thanks.
Tatsuhiko.