Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:51:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@q.closedsrc.org>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quiet cpu fans

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Haikal Saadh wrote:

> While were on this topic, I'd also like to ask:
>
> Is it necessary to use thermal grease when attaching a heatsink on
> nowdays?

It is highly recommended that you put some thermal grease between the CPU
and the heatsink surface. The thermal grease helps increase the heat
transfer between the two surfaces but closing any gaps and my slightly
increasing the surface area.

Just don't use too much.

// Linh Pham
// http://closedsrc.org