Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:44:52 +0200
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Redundant/failover NFS servers - stale NFS file handle

On 08/15/06 14:25, Brian Candler wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:43:28PM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
>>> We use NetApp Filer clusters (NAS) for that purpose.
>>> They aren't cheap, but they work very well.
>> I don't like blackboxes with nice GUIs. :)
> They have a command-line interface too :) Seriously, these are really
> excellent devices.
I know, but I would like to solve this problem without buying (or using
our existing) NAS boxes.

>> I can solve this problem with Linux
> How?
With a shared filesystem of course.

BTW, I'm much more interested in the Solaris NFS failover mode now. Any
chance that the NFS guys can take a look at it? It's a pretty old
feature and can be very useful in any scenarios, where RO NFS mounts are
enough.

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)                 phone: +3630 306 6758