Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:07:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        media@ct1.nai.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 media@ct1.nai.net wrote:

:At 5:30 PM -0700 10/16/00, Jamie Bowden wrote:
:>
:>After my extensive battle with my hardware and getting freebsd 4.4.1-R to
:>boot from CD, I have now hit another brick wall.  I checked the ERRATA.TXT
:>file and it's unchanged from original release.
:>
:>After a successfull install, sysinstall tells me to remove cds, floppies,
:>anything else that might potentially boot instead of the internal hdd,
:>etc.  All is well and good, the machine comes back up, Boot Magic has an
:>entry for FreeBSD's partition, things are going well.
:>
:>Then the kernel loads init.  I get lots of errors about
:>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found.
:
:What does it say before the errors??

It's loading the kernel before the errors.  I ftp'd the ISO again last
night, burned a new CD this afternoon, and will try this again tonight
when I have some time.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"