Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:51:03 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Virginia K. Wills" <phkywill@intellex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Compile Errors

On 10/01 18:48, Virginia K. Wills wrote:

> I am trying to recompile my kernel to add sound support. I have followed
> the directions in the handbook, and checked the archives.

What sound card do you have?  Someone on the list may have the exact same card
and be kind enough to post the lines they used to get it working.

> When I do:
> # /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
>
> I get the following error message:
>
> config:syntax error line 36.
>
> Line 36 in MYKERNEL is about the iso9660 for the cdrom file system.

Well, what comes just before line 36?  Parsers often get confused by some minor
problem like a missing punctuation mark, and this manifests itself as a
complaint about a following line.  Only by seeing the wider context can we be
sure what's what.

best;

gjvc

--