Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 08:40:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, nate@sri.MT.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick-Time viewer?

> [ QT for FreeBSD ]
>
> > xanim conquers all! :-)
>
> Not all unfortunately!
>
> QT Video Codec: Radius Cinepak depth=24 is unsupported by this executable.
>
> *sigh*  Thanks for the hint though.

All you have to do is go to the original FTP site, and find the radius
cinepak binary (.o) (they originally said that it worked only on NetBSD, and
now admit to it working on FreeBSD -- but I knew all along, because I just
blindly tried it a year or so ago), and follow their instructions.  Voila (
I don't know how to make an a with an acute accent on my keyboard) --
it works!!!   I can watch the toystory trailer, married with children
clips, and merrie melodies clips/gifs -- all of the intellectual material
that I want!!!

John