Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:00:34 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Radek_Krej=E8a?= <radek.krejca@starnet.cz>
Cc:        "'ports@freebsd.org'" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Proftpd mysql problem after upgrade ports

Radek Krejča wrote:
> Hi, I have problem with this module. I upgraded ports and I have this proftpd.conf

You don't have a proper configuration. You need to put LoadModule
directives in to proftpd.conf:

# list of modules to load on startup
LoadModule mod_sql.c
LoadModule mod_sql_mysql.c

It was mentioned in /usr/ports/UPDATING

20120126:
   AFFECTS: users of ftp/proftpd and ftp/proftpd-mysql
   AUTHOR: Martin Matuska <mm@FreeBSD.org>

   The proftpd port has been updated to 1.3.4 and changed to use
   dynamically loadable modules. Please add corresponding LoadModule
   directives to your configuration file, like in the following example:

     LoadModule mod_tls.c

   The modules mod_sql_mysql and mod_sql_postgres are now outside of the
   main proftpd port:
     databases/proftpd-mod_sql_mysql
     databases/proftpd-mod_sql_postgres

   The proftpd-mysql port has been removed, use the alternative port: