Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:53:46 -0400
From:      "Artur V." <ARTV2@prodigy.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logitech MouseMan Optical weird movement in KDE

         Hello.  I tried looking through google and lots of other places,
but I just couldn't find anything that addressed this specific
problem.  The problem is that when I start X and it goes into KDE, the
mouse does work (Logitech MouseMan Optical), but when I move the mouse it's
as if there is a 2-3 second delay in the movement.  When I move the mouse,
I don't see any path of the pointer, I just see the pointer 2-3 seconds
later somewhere else on the screen.  Note that the pointer does go where
it's supposed to, it's not stuck in the upper left corner of the screen.
         I tried many different combinations of Protocols, Devices, and
Drivers in XF86Config, but the combinations that did work don't fix the
problem, the mouse movement is still jagged.  Here's my current XF86Config:

Section "Input Device"
         Identifier      "Mouse0"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "Protocol" "PS/2"       #Also worked with Auto and
Logitech
         Option          "Device" "/dev/psm0"    #Also worked with
/dev/sysmouse
EndSection

The mouse is USB, but it's using the PS/2 adapter and is working perfectly
in XP Pro and RedHat 9.  I did try disabling moused but that didn't do
anything.  It doesn't seem to be an issue with the driver itself since it
kind of works, maybe it's something to do with the Resolution of the mouse
or just some extra config option for the driver?  Any help is
appreciated.  Oh yeah, I'm using FreeBSD 5.1 (very nice KDE 3.1 desktop).

Art

There is a way that seems right to a man, but it's end is the way of
death.  Proverbs 16:25 NKJV