Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:45:11 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   1.3 still proxy problems

Forgot who posted that he cvschecked out a yesterday's version of
the Mozilla tree and said that he had no problems with IP connections.
It was a countryfellow of mine, anyway.

I still have the problem that I cannot do connections to my proxy
server and I wonder if he - who was counterreporting - tested a proxy
connection.

I'm getting in the starting xterm when I try to connect:

Error loading URL http://somehost.de/ : 80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
Error loading URL http://207.170.91.133/ : 80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)

(phantasy addresses)

It seems that Mozilla doesn't get the DNS information from the
proxy and tries to resolve the host itself which won't work since it is
behind a firewall.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de
y.