Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:03:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel module debugging help

I am using gdb a lot recently and find out that most of the bugs are
memory related.  I am wondering how to set up a hardware breakpoint which
is triggered whenever a memory address is written again. I have no
experience with this subject.

Another minor question is how to set a static variable inside a function.
Acoording the GDB manual, I should be able to say:

(gdb) set function_name::my_static_variable = somevalue

But it does not work.

I am using 4.3-release on a PC.  Thanks for your help.

-Zhihui