Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 19:23:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS-UP: bdevs have been assimilated.

(removed from general list)

> Slow down.  You are getting screwed by a combination of things.  It
> isn't all phk's fault.
>
> The bdev elimination is one factor, but the most important one (the
> fsck/mount segv) is due to int/long breakage introduced version 1.85
> of mount.h.  This happened at the worst possible time (just after the
> bdev elimination).
>
> If I wasn't such a timid committer, I would have just committed the
> damned fix yesterday, before running it by Kirk & you wouldn't have
> had this problem.  I tried to be vocal about it (messages to -alpha
> and -committers), but I guss that wasn't enought.

Well, I wasn't back in town until last night with 5000 messages to catch
up on. Sorry for not getting your questions first.

There are other things broken too. Oh well- I really shouldn't get wired.
*BSD will get taken as a serious effort as much as it deserves based upon
what actually *occurs*, not what I would *wish* to actually occur....

-matt