Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:10:52 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updated www/orion --> 1.5.2_7

Kees Jan and Mike,

> Using default passwords is simply a bad idea. Remember the slashdot test
> site hack from a while back? Oracle anyone? (Was it Oracle? I'm not sure,
> big database vendor).

Okay. Got the point. You're right.

> Please leave the admin account as it is in Orionserver's distribution kit.
> When people need the admin account, they can enable it and set a password
> for their purpose (and it's their own stupid fault if they use "123"). If
> they don't need it, they won't unknowingly have accounts enabled that other
> people know the password for.

Okay, what if I let the port ask for the admin password if the port is run
from the commandline, while I will disable the admin account if the port is
run in a batch ?

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ