Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
Cc:        Steve Roome <stephen_roome@yahoo.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: function calls/rets in assembly

On 24-Aug-01 Leo Bicknell wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:36:45AM -0700, John Baldwin wrote:
>> Because this code is broken and obfuscated? :)
>
> You're submitting patches to the GCC maintainer to make it
> produce better code, right? :-) :-) :-) :-)

I think I can just about handle the kernel.  The compiler is a bit big for my
abilities. :)  I must say that at least the ia64 code it generates doesn't seem
to do as many silly things like the subl/addl's of %esp, it just doesn't
reorder the intructions very well to pack them into the "packets" so you end up
with nops, but at least the instructions it does use make sense. :)