Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:14:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   YP users in wheel

[Cc: me, please]

I have yp users I need to place in wheel so they can perform
administrative tasks.  I have these users in a wheel group in my NIS
group maps and I have the '+:*::' line at the end of my /etc/group file
on the client machines.  These users are shown by id(1) to be members of
wheel(0) but they are refused su to root on the grounds they are not in
the correct group to su.  It's unclear to me wherein the conflict lies
if id gets the right group information.  I've even tried putting
'+wheel:*::' in my /etc/group client files, to no avail.  Suggestions?

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying