Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:54:14 +0200
From:      Nakal <nakal@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 3.3.6 + KDE3.0 ?

Hi!

I have a problem starting KDE3.0 with XFree86. Before I try to
recompile the whole KDE distribution I want to ask everyone, if
this problem is easy to fix.
When I try to start KDE I get an error about a not available
library 'libXrender' which is only available in the XFree-4 package.

Anyone has ideas how to fix it?

Small remark:
XFree86 version 4 is broken for Matrox Mystique cards (170MHz DAC)
and freezes the whole system. Not only FreeBSD, also Debian, for example
The version 3.x doesn't have any problems, as far as I tried.