Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 01:17:54 +0900
From:      "R. Imura" <imura@af.airnet.ne.jp>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Announcement: Qt version 2.1 released

Now I updated to Qt-2.1.0.

> For current users, upgrading to Qt 2.1 is easy: it is both binary and
> source compatible with earlier 2.x releases. A detailed presentation of all
> the changes can be found here.

Yes, an application built with qt-2.0.2 works with qt-2.1.0, but I've
bumped version of library. If you don't want rebuild your applications,
"ln -s libqt2.so.3 /usr/X11R6/lib/libqt2.so.2" will help you.

Why version bumped?
Because, an application built with qt-2.1.0 doesn't work with qt-2.0.2.
It should be solved with lib's miner version, but our system doesn't have.
Sorry for your inconvenience. (this was talked with Asami-san)

Last, my request to qt porters.

Please do not forget to link libxpg4 with your application.
Qt-2 has already supported multi-byte chars and in order to show
these chars correctly, libxpg4 is necessary.

Thanks,

- R. Imura