Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:05:02 +0100
From:      nox@jelal.hb.north.de (Juergen Lock)
To:        koen@win.tue.nl (Koen Holtman)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, koen@win.tue.nl, tlayton@global-sol.com
Subject:   Re: afio-2.4.2 port update

Koen Holtman writes:
> nox@jelal.hb.north.de:

Ooops one of the Ccs was little bogus, i hope the gnats receiver didn't
get too confused by that message... :)

> >	New version, please test...
>
> I looked at the patch files, and they seem correctness-preserving to
> me.
>
> I don't understand why the st_mode -> PSt_mode renaming stuff is
> necessary though.  Does it resolve a clash with predefined
> preprocessor macro names?

 Yes all(?) 4.4 BSD descendands do something like

	struct  timespec st_atimespec;  /* time of last access */
	struct  timespec st_mtimespec;  /* time of last data modification */
	struct  timespec st_ctimespec;  /* time of last file status change */

 and then

#define st_atime st_atimespec.ts_sec
#define st_mtime st_mtimespec.ts_sec
#define st_ctime st_ctimespec.ts_sec

 in <sys/stat.h> (to allow for better than one second resolution.)

>  I could change the auxiliary variable names
> in a future afio 2.4.3 for Linux if that would help with the next
> port.

 well sounds like a good idea.  especially for other BSD trees that
don't use the FreeBSD port system...

> Koen.
> (maintainer of afio 2.4.x for Linux)
 thanx and cheers,