Date:      Mon, 01 May 1995 11:02:30 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new dynamic libraries from ports

Salut,

In the message Re: new dynamic libraries from ports ,
"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote :

>This has come up before.  ldconfig needs two things:
>
>1. An option for "refreshing" its internal path.
>2. An option for adding a directory to that path.
>
>In conversations with Satoshi, I've recommended that a new `-a' flag
>be added.  If you give it no directories as args, it does the
>`refresh' action.  Both options handled with one flag.  Adding a
>directory that's already in the search list should also be handled
>gracefully (essentially, "refresh this directory").

So, ldconfig need to remember its last  call  (without -a). This
means that a line need to be added in ld.so.hints
e.g
# /usr/lib /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib

where # looks like a comment line for ld.so which should of course walk
over this line.

Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France