Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:24:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD STABLE discussion <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NFS performance problems

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> That question in itself is enough to start a war just as which is better,
> Linux or FreeBSD.  Each have their pros and cons.

Is there any web pages out there that lists the pros and cons of each? I
searched through Yahoo and didn't get far... Most were just flame wars
without substance. I've found one ipf FAQ, and it just claim its better
than anything else in the world without comparisons.

Looking through the said FAQ, I realized several supposed advantages of
ipf is actually implemented in ipfw -- or so man page say. Although I
haven't been able to get those to work... (That's a funny issue upon
itself.)

------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------