Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:41:53 +0000
From:      Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlists@HotPOP.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   is x11/libX11 broken?

I've been trying to get x11/libX11 port to work, but I've not had much
luck. I've decided to try to get some of the freedesktop.org X libs
and ect to work, but not had much luck. If I install x11/libX11, when
I got and startx, it starts, but nothing comes up, the .xinitrc file
is good, and then when I kill it I see a message telling me it is
waiting for the server to start accepting connections.

Has any one managed to get these to work, and if so, how?