Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:44:01 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib005.iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail panic

Hi!

I am having some problems with a new FreeBSD installation.

I have set up procmail to be my local delivery agent.
Now I am having some messages going to the console, like the
following:

Ãug  9 ¹2:29:46 iib005 senðmãil[45³]: f79FTkr0045³: SÝSË®®(røøt):
Ïnfinite løøþ in ruleset þãrse¸ rule 4

and some others saying something about a sendmail panic.

I haven't changed anything on the sendmail configuration that comes
default with FreeBSD, except the use of procmail, which is working
OK as far as I can tell.

Also I have received (as root) the usual system-check messages where
a list of mail rejected hosts appear, including freebsd.org. However,
the hosts listed are not all the hosts from which I receive email, so
I don't think that they're being rejected by default.

Any ideas what's happening?

Thanks in advance,

Fernan

PS: this is not a mail server. It's just a workstation.