Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:23:28 +0000
From:      Titus von Boxberg <tboxberg@schuett-elektronik.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pthread blocking I/O

Hi,

I use two threads to do I/O for a process.
The I/O takes place either on a socket or
an I/O device (com port) file descriptor.

Apparently it is not possible to shutdown those
threads from a third thread, neither using close nor shutdown(2) for
the socket I/O if the threads are blocked during read.

What methods can one use to unblock such a blocked-on-read
thread?

Thanks,

TITUS