Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:10:23 -0400
From:      Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9.1-RC1 installer [was: FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 Available...]

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>wrote:

> While the exercise was ultimately successful, I needed to make use of
> additional hardware (including a second FreeBSD machine -- my laptop) to
> complete it.  Had I been trying to install with just the target machine
> and the USB drive (memstick), as far as I can tell, I would have ended
> up with a brick.

I can confirm this, and I *did* end up with a brick (went back and did it
again with the 9.0-R installer to get a working system).  Worse, it managed
to damage the EFI partition and I'm still getting fallout from that I think.

--
brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b@gmail.com