Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:00:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree problems

Hi Christian,
	I think I've narrowed down the problems I'm having.

pci0: <Matrox MGA 1024SG/1064SG/1164SG graphics accelerator> at 6.0 irq 0

Why is my video card wanting to use IRQ 0? Is there some hardware config
I'm missing? According to the PC164 manual, IRQ 0 is the internal clock
interrupt.
	dmesg shows this error:

unexpected machine check:

    mces    = 0x1
    vector  = 0x660
    param   = 0xfffffc0000006060
    pc      = 0x12006c740
    ra      = 0x12063f0fc
    curproc = 0xfffffe00059e9280
        pid = 129, comm = XFree86

panic: machine check

The pciconf -lv output for the card is:

none0@pci0:6:0: class=0x030000 card=0xffffffff chip=0x051a102b rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Matrox Graphics Inc'
    device   = 'MGA 1064SG Hurricane/Cyclone 64-bit graphics chip'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA

	Any other ideas?

Thanks,