Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        gurney_j@efn.org, gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Shimon@i-Connect.Net
Subject:   Re: Make Release Fails...

> >ok.. hear we go.. it turns out that src/include/Makefile isn't recursing
> >into the subdirs upon a beforeinstall.. before Bruce explicitately
> >wrapped the recursion to limit it to installhdrs.. but now that we
> >have switched to beforeinstall to install the files it wasn't recursing..
>
> No, it never recursed for beforeinstall.  I limited recursion of
> installhdrs to that case where installhdrs is being made.
>
> >how is this one Bruce?  I'm testing now, but almost possitive this will
> >fix it...
>
> It may work, but it is bogus.  It would have the same effect as putting
> everything related back to where it was before rev.1.136 of src/Makefile,
> but it takes 10-20 lines of code to subvert the beforeinstall target
> and add the installhdrs targets.  The problem (of clobbered timestamps)
> fixed by rev.1.136 and reintroduced by rev.1.144 is still there.  This
> can probably be fixed better by setting SHARED=symlinks in the environment
> for the call the make includes for buildworld.

Bruce, are we in aggreement then that the includes: target should be
changed to ``cd {.CURDIR}/include; ${BMAKE} install'', my error was
using ``beforeinstall''.  And the wrapping the buildworld call to
the includes stuff so that it is ``SHARED=symlinks; cd {.CURDIR}/include; make
install''.

I'd make a cdiff for it, but the test box is in my home office, and I'm
in my real office :-(.

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD