Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:18:15 +0800 (TSD)
From:      Victor Sudakov <sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru>
To:        so@server.i-clue.de (Christoph Sold)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What kind of video camera?

Christoph Sold wrote:

> > Could you please give some advice on what kind of web camera to buy to
> > work on FreeBSD? I am interested in an inexpensive camera for
> > videoconferencing etc that would be supported in FreeBSD. Such small
> > thingies you put near the computer case.
>
> After you have decided which TV-Grabber board should go into the box, have
> a look at this board interfaces. Buy the cheapest video camera which fits

I actually was thinking of some USB or LPT type camera, without any
board to go into the box. There are plenty of such on the market now.
Any ideas?

> to that board. (Video compression reduces almost anything away -- thus the
> image quality does not matter anyway.) I used a board with a BT848
> chipset, and connected a cheap b/w doorstep camera. The hardware costs

BTW what software did you use for viewing of the picture,
conferencing etc?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/149@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/