Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/13207: Update to the FAQ

The following reply was made to PR docs/13207; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 01:01:25 +0100 (BST)

 >Submitter-Id:   current-users
 >Originator:     Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
 >Category:       docs
 >Release:        FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE i386
 >Class:          change-request
 >Environment:

 New diff for DocBook FAQ

 >How-To-Repeat:

 >Fix:

 *** book.sgml.orig	Mon Sep  6 22:16:42 1999
 --- book.sgml	Thu Sep  9 00:50:00 1999
 ***************
 *** 3471,3476 ****
 --- 3471,3479 ----
   <qandaentry><question>

 + <para>The procedure is slightly different for 2.2.x and 3.x (with the
 + 3-stage boot) systems.</para>
 +
   <para>The general idea is that you copy the first sector of your
   native root FreeBSD partition into a file in the DOS/NT
   partition.  Assuming you name that file something like
 ***************
 *** 3489,3499 ****
         </literallayout>
   </para>

 ! <para>This procedure assumes that DOS, NT, FreeBSD, or whatever
 ! have been installed into their respective fdisk partitions on the
 ! <emphasis remap=bf>same</emphasis> disk.  In my case DOS &amp; NT are in the first fdisk
 ! partition and FreeBSD is in the second.  I also installed FreeBSD

   <para>Mount a DOS-formatted floppy (if you've converted to NTFS) or the
 --- 3492,3503 ----
         </literallayout>
   </para>

 ! <para>For 2.2.x systems this procedure assumes that DOS, NT, FreeBSD,
 ! or whatever have been installed into their respective fdisk partitions
 ! on the <emphasis remap=bf>same</emphasis> disk.  In my case DOS &amp;
 ! NT are in the first fdisk partition and FreeBSD is in the second.  I also
 ! installed FreeBSD to boot from its native partition,

   <para>Mount a DOS-formatted floppy (if you've converted to NTFS) or the
 ***************
 *** 3525,3530 ****
 --- 3529,3543 ----
   ``<emphasis remap=tt>fdisk</emphasis>'' command after you reconfigure them to boot from their
   native partitions.</para>

 + <para>For 3.x systems the procedure is somewhat simpler.</para>
 +
 + disk as the NT boot partition copy <filename>/boot/boot1</filename>
 + to <filename>C:\BOOTSECT.BSD</filename> or, if FreeBSD is installed on a
 + <emphasis remap=bf>different</emphasis> disk, copy
 +
   </answer></qandaentry>

   <qandaentry><question>