Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:28:15 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>, "David Johnson" <djohnson@acuson.com>, <mij@osdn.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: documentation issues generally

> In other words, you never even bothered trying. I've never read the
> docs list. I don't want to read about writing docs, I want to provide
> better docs to help people use FreeBSD, and cut down on the questions
> on -questions. I believe I've succeeded in doing that.

At the time I asked questions in "questions" and was advised to subscribe to
the "docs" list to "learn the ropes". I guess those suggesting I lurk in
"docs"
had the best of intentions but as it turned out it was a total waste of
time.

> So when something about Apana sucked, did you fix the problem, or just
> talk about fixing it?

Unfortunately I'm one of the poor mugs on two different management
committees,
which means I get to do twice as much "fixing up someone else's stuffups" as
90%
of the others