Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:32:01 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   No sound with fxtv - MSP34xx issue

Hi all,

Good news for those of you with MSP34xx stereo decoder chips.

I've finally got around to adding proper support to the bt848
driver. :-)

When I inherited the maintanance of the bt848 driver,
the ony big thing missing was support for the stereo decoder
(MSP3400,3410, 3415, family). (and the USA TDA9850 too!).
Linux has drivers for both these, and I was keen to add support for
us lot. Especially as the data sheets in PDF format are available.

I've finally got round to spending my student grant and bought
myself a Hauppauge WinTV +NICAM +RADIO with the new
Remote Control too.

I have Nicam decoding (drop back to mono) on my 2.2.6 machine
at home and will update the drivers on my site (and in -current
over the next week.

Watch this space. (Soon you can listen to it too!)

Check http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/bt848

Roger

p.s. Disclaimer - I've got a Hauppauge with a 3415D chip.
Everything I am programming should work on a 3410D too,
but earlier chips (does anyone actually have a 3400C) will not
work).