Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:27:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Kammerhofer <dada@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP_DEBUG

Hello Documenters!

It's no several times I've read that kernel option TCP_DEBUG is
undocumented.
Actually this option seems to be required for socket option SO_DEBUG
to work. See getsockopt(2) and trpt(8) for details. Also look at
netstat(1)'s -A option. An example of a networked program with an option
to enable socket debugging is ftp(1)'s -d option. BTW, man page trpt(8) points
to trsp(8) which doesn't exist, this documentation bug should also be
corrected.
Two points more to mention:
1) I took out TCP_DEBUG from my kernel configuration file again, because
	it increased the kernel's size by some 300K.
2) The location where it really *should be* documented is of course
	/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT.

HTH,
	Martin
--
<A HREF="mailto:dada@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at">Martin Kammerhofer</A>.
PGP-key 1024/A96058B1  2B 3D F9 3A F8 B4 18 24  5F 00 2D F6 B9 06 A2 53

"I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem."
                -- Ashleigh Brilliant