Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 2020 08:43:45 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Allowing remote java app to access local sound system

I have a (java) app that works fine on a remote host and displays it's GUI
by setting the DISPLAY environment variable.   The app also requires a
working microphone (and other audio output devices). Is there any way to
make it use the microphone/audio output on my local machine?   Note I
suspect I would need to do this transparently to Java.  I am pretty sure
Java has no idea how to do this on its own.