Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:19:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Richard J. Linane" <Typh0on@concentric.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Coping Files From  MS-DOS to a BSD Partitian?

To mount my dos partition, I type:

	mount_msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos

On my FreeBSD filesystem, I have a directory named "dos".  When I issue
this mount command, the entire directory tree from my dos partition
appears in that directory.  Then I can use it just like it were part of my
FreeBSD filesystem. To copy files from it, use cp.

for example:

	cp /dos/download/lynz.tar /usr/ports/distfiles/lynx2-3-7.tar.Z

since dos has no file permission system, be sure to use chmod 600 filename
on any files you copy from your dos partition.

Ken

p.s. In the future, please post your questions to only ONE list.