Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 02:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Noobt <chickena@tm.net.my>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proxy Server with NEC socks?

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Noobt wrote:

> I'm currently using WinNT server with Wingate to proxy to ~20 Win95 clients.
> I would like to replace WinNT with FreeBSD and NEC Socks.
>
> The main reason i'm switching the OS is to use the identd patch on socks
> which is only available on Unix-based system.

Hm, interesting.

> Anyone here already running such configurations? Does it work as claimed?
> How bout natd? similar?

Let me tell you, natd is very, very handy and very, very seamless.  It's
what we have the 12 or so workstations at my house hid behind one dialup
IP.  :)

> I've just downloaded 'bin' and 'manpages' and install thru floppy.. but when
> I've restart... it'll report two files are missing and stall at boot:
> I've looked thru the faq and handbook.... I"m newbie here
> What gives?

I don't know, you didn't post the error messages.

I'm gessing they are:

can't find /boot.config
can't find /boot.help

As long as they arne't followed by: