Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:11:14 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ethernet programming

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 03:26:36PM +0100, M.N.Salous wrote:
> Hi there!
> I am interested in setting up an experiment to see how a network of a few
> computers would cope with traffic.  What I aim to do is to write a program
> writing the packets to the device (i.e. /dev/vq ) and how can I read
> packets?  Can you help?  I appreciate it!
I have never programmed networks at level bellow TCP/IP, but I know that
many programs use libnet and libpcap.
Oh, what fine thing is ports :-)

/usr/ports/net/libnet

and libpcap is in base system. "man pcap"

PS.
And also BSD manual pages (opposed to Linux manual pages):
I have libpcap installed on my Linux server, but
linux:~> man pcap
No manual entry for pcap
linux:~>
:-(