Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 23:59:50 +1000
From:      Peter Davie <pdavie@betty-p05.netinfo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SYSVMSG support and struct mymsg

On most system V systems I have come across (if not all) the
prototype structure for a message to be sent using SYSV msgsnd
is called struct msgbuf. This of course has a name clash with the
msgbuf structs which are defined in the kernel. However, when
compiling the kernel, the SYSV struct and the BSD struct are only
ever included in the one file once (hardly surprising.)

I have trivial patches which can be supplied if there is sufficient
interest to allow the current struct mymsg to be called msgbuf (you
may ask why, well it makes porting easier since we don't have a
silly difference to need to hack around.)

Any interest?

Peter Davie