Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 09:01:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, yves@maelstrom.CC.McGill.CA
Subject:   Re: IBM HD's

> - Quantum Fireball

I can also verify this one - we had a machine at the office with one
of these drives in it (before it was torn apart for scrap :-) and we
never could get FreeBSD to install on it.  Exact same symptoms.

I never did figure out what was going on and the machine is history
now so I never will..  Hmmmm.  I wonder if the output of `boot -v'
would be helpful.  FreeBSD is clearly not happy with its attempts to
write on this drive, there must be something "special" about it!

					Jordan