Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:05:15 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sparc64-latest: C(++) compiler cannot create executables

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> The configure script is probably trying to link with libc_r (which
> does not exist yet on sparc).  It may be that this is a bug, and the
> port does not actually require threads.

Ahh I see. Looks like a threading thing indeed. Checked another few
ports and they error out at pthreads.

For my part then I will build xerces-c2 without threads support. Is
there any chance to test the update on a sparc before sending the diff ?
Compaq Test-Cluster helped me with Alpha but they do not have sparcs ;-)

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/