Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:37:05 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Eugene L. Vorokov" <vel@bugz.infotecs.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libmp

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 04:46:22PM +0000, Eugene L. Vorokov wrote:
> > Errrrr...  the OpenSSL sources *are* shipped with FreeBSD.
> > Or at least they should be, if your CVSup is doing the right thing.
> > Are you cvsup'ping the src-all collection, or the subcollections?
> > There is no longer any need to *not* cvsup src-all, no matter if
> > you are in an export-controlled environment or not - all the export
> > restrictions on code included with FreeBSD have either expired,
> > or (ISTR) been waived specifically for the FreeBSD distribution.
> >
> > So.. cvsup again, using the src-all collection, and see if you
> > grab the src/crypto/openssl/ and src/secure/lib/openssl/ bits.
> > Also, make sure that NOSECURE is NOT turned on in your make.conf.
> >
> > Hope that helps..
>
> Hmm yes, it's there. But the snapshot I installed first doesn't
> have it (why ?). When I installed it manually prior to compiling libs,
> libmp compiles fine ... Btw, is there any guide of what is the proper
> order of compiling things after cvsup ?

Yep, the src/UPDATING file.

What do you mean, the snapshot did not have it?  Did you really
CVSup 5.0-current on a machine running an earlier version, or did
you install from a pre-built 5.0-current snapshot?  Or are you referring
to the CVSup snapshot - in what sense did it "not have it" -
there was no src/crypto/openssl/ directory, or there was no
src/secure/lib/libcrypto/ directory, or the libcrypto Makefile did
not install the OpenSSL header files files under
/usr/obj/.../src/i386/usr/include/openssl?

How exactly are you trying to compile things?  What did you do
after the CVSup run?  And.. what version are you updating from?

G'luck,
Peter

--
Do you think anybody has ever had *precisely this thought* before?