Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:31:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jasmine Yongqi Wang <jwang@cs.ubc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCCARD problem

Hi,

I am getting really frustrated to get my modem going. it's a 3Com
3CXEM556B 10M LAN+56K Modem. It can detect the card insert and remove
events, but no more, it either telling me "Resource allocation failure for
3Com" or "No Free configuration for card 3Com".

when i use pccardc dumpcis, it reads the card perfectly for Manuf, vers,
info.

i also compiled the kernel and changed /etc/pccard.conf to only support
ethernet or modem, gor no where though.

mmmso is there anybody out there can shed some light here?

also i am using my friend's card to test, if you happen to use PCMCIA
card, and have no trouble(or a little), would you please tell me your
brand and model?

THANKS

Jasmine.