Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:11:39 +0100
From:      Matt Burke <mattblists@icritical.com>
To:        <freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Boot-time jails (new jail)

Am I missing something, or if you follow the jail(8) man page (this is 9.1
r239869 btw), do you end up with jails you can only start at boot time via
a 'jail -c' hack in /etc/rc.local?

The man page only has this to say:

> It is possible to have jails started at boot time. Please refer to the
> ``jail_*'' variables in rc.conf(5) for more information.

Yet the rc.conf(5) man page makes no mention of /etc/jail.conf. In fact it
seems the rc.d/jail script hasn't been touched since the new jail MFC and
is incompatible with the new conf file mechanism...

The last entry regarding jails in UPDATING is 20090527.

--
The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, or there are any problems with its content, please contact the sender.

iCritical is a trading name of Critical Software Ltd. Registered in England: 04909220.
Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.

This message has been scanned for security threats by iCritical. www.icritical.com