Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 2004 05:00:46 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:    Misplaced capplets (was: Re: What's wrong with the gcursor.desktop?)

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 19:17, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > I think, I am getting blind. :-) I can't find what's wrong with the=20
> > gcursor.desktop, which it will not add in the menu. Attaching the=20
> > gcursor.desktop, so put it in /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/applications/ ..
>=20
> It's the category.  If you need this to go under Desktop Preferences,
> you should put it in /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/capplets.

While I had a look at the gcursor problem, I noticed that there are
three .desktop files in share/gnome/applications, that seem to be
indended for the "Desktop Preferences" menu:

/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/applications % grep -l Settings *
gnomecc.desktop
gstreamer-properties.desktop
screensaver-properties.desktop

I think, gstreamer-properties.desktop is the only one that should be
kept (of course it should be moved into the capplets folder)

screensaver-properties.desktop is unnecessary, since there is already a
screensaver menu item in share/gnome/control-center-2.0/capplets, and
gnomecc.desktop does nothing but listing all the configuration items
that are under "Menu > Desktop Preferences" anyway.

The files are contained in the following packages ( I won't have the
time to prepare a patch right now, I can certainly submit a patch next
week when I am back)

pkg_which gnomecc.desktop=20
---> gnomecontrolcenter2-2.6.0.3

pkg_which screensaver-properties.desktop
---> xscreensaver-gnome-4.15_2

pkg_which gstreamer-properties.desktop
---> gnomemedia2-2.6.0_1

Simon