Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 00:02:48 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System beeing cracked!

According to Paul Hart:
> non-DES crypt replacements used in various UNIX versions, such as
> FreeBSD's MD5 and OpenBSD's Blowfish, and uses hand-optimized assembly

So does Crack 5.0a, I know, I gave Alec the pointers to it because he told me
that he was a Linux guy but wanted to support our scheme :-)

OpenBSD is not supported though because Crack was out before they implemented
it.

> It is probably the best overall password cracker available, in my opinion.

I've not looked at JtR recently but I like the rule-based way of doing things
used in Crack.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #71: Sun May  9 20:16:32 CEST 1999