Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:58:25 -0400
From:      John Santangelo <SANTANJ@cesmtp.ccf.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X and XDM

I am a brand new user to BSD with limited Unix experience. I have the
following problems after installation and would appreciate any help. I will
list problems in order of importance:

1) After making BSD boot xdm, I enter my login and get a staticy screeen
flash and am bumped back to the xdm login screen.I get a getty error in
the message screen saying ( paused for 30 seconds) I cannot get a
command promtp to edit or remove anything.

2) I can only get X to execute the xinit when I am logged in as root.
Everyone else gets cannot find xinit error.

3) How do I run X applications assuming I get X working.

4) How can I change X windows settings such as color which is not in
XFCONFIG configuration file.

I will stop here and hope someone can help. Thanks in advance. Please
reply to johnsant@mindspring.com